As a follow-up to a recent e-mail that was sent, below is the current move-out plan. Please be advised that this plan is subject to change given our current situation.
• In order to ensure this process is as efficient as possible, students will have the ability to sign-up for a designated 2.5 hour timeslot to remove all items.
• Move-out is scheduled for Saturday, March 14th through Wednesday, March 18th during the hours of 9am and 9pm.
• In order to adhere to CDC’s social distancing protocol, you must adhere to your specified timeslot.
• Public Safety will be at the entrance of each community to ensure an orderly move-out and adherence to the assigned timeslots.
• There will be limited staff available in each building; therefore, you will have to remove your own belongings. To assist with this process, you are encouraged to bring your own moving bins and carts as desired.
• University staff will be available to sign-out one cart per student in the residence halls (not available in apartments), and sanitation wipes will be available for you to clean your cart before returning it. You will be required to leave an ID card when borrowing a cart.
Per the CDC guidelines, if you have recently traveled via mass transit (airplane, bus, cruise ship, train) from an international location or from a state with a known outbreak, you will need to self-isolate for fourteen (14) days before returning to campus.
Please completethis form if the following applies to you. We will communicate with you at a later date to retrieve your belongings.
• If you have a parent, guardian, or guarantor who is able to retrieve your belongings, please sign-up for a designated timeslot through this process. They will need to bring your key(s) and e-mail confirmation to access your space and they will return the key(s) to University staff and complete the checkout on your behalf. We will not be able to sign-out keys to them.
• If you are not able to participate in this move-out process in the designated timeslots due to self-isolation or you do not feel comfortable returning to campus during this timeframe.
Instruction to select your time:
Students should select their respective residential community and sign-up for a timeslot on RamConnect. To do this, please follow these instructions:
• Select your timeslot by choosing “1” from the dropdown menu for the designated date/time
• Click “Register”
• You will be directed to a page to confirm your order. Scroll to the bottom and click “Confirm my registration”
• You will see a confirmation screen that reads “You’re registered!” and shows you your selected date and time
• You will receive an automated email confirmation through RamConnect. Print this ticket or have it viewable on your phone to show to Public Safety and University staff upon your arrival.
To begin this process, click the appropriate link below:
The following parking locations will be available:
• Wayne Lot
• Sykes Student Union
• L Lot (Tennis Courts)
• New Street Garage
• Sharpless Street Garage
We understand you have questions regarding refunds; please know that more information will be forthcoming. We appreciate your patience with this process.
Marion C. McKinney, MS | Senior Director for Residence Life & Housing Services | West Chester University
Michelle R. Ginsburg | Chief Housing Officer | University Student Housing, LLC