THANKSGIVING VACATION CLOSING INFORMATION
The following information is provided to students concerning Thanksgiving Vacation. Any questions regarding this information should be directed to your Resident Assistant or Resident Director/Graduate Hall Director.
1. All residence halls will close on Wednesday, November 25th at 10:00 a.m.
2. All residence halls reopen on Sunday, November 29th at 2:00 p.m.
3. The Wayne Hall and Brandywine Hall lobbies and lounge areas will be open for students who need remain on campus after 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday.
4. Students must officially “sign out” when leaving for vacation. Please contact your RA for further details.
5. Prior to leaving for vacation, students must also:
A. Close suite windows.
B. Raise blinds. (Blinds/curtains on the first floor should be lowered and closed.)
C. Turn off all room lights.
D. Empty all trashcans.
E. Pull all plugs from outlets except your refrigerator and cable TV adapter. Unplugging the adapter from its power source will cause it to lose signal.
F. Remove all food and perishable items from your refrigerator, though your refrigerator may remain plugged in. Please note that, for health and safety reasons, your RA has been instructed to discard any perishable food items found in your unit during final inspection.
G. Remove any unauthorized university/community property from your room. Possession of illegal property (i.e. highway signs/signals, dining hall equipment, drugs/alcohol, etc.) may result in administrative and/or civil judicial action.
H. Lock your room door and take your key.
6. Thermostats may be lowered during the vacation to conserve energy.
7. Please remember to take home your prescription medications and other critical items. You will not be able to access your residence hall after the stated closing time.
8. Any student still remaining in the building after 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday must relocate to the Brandywine Hall lobby so that the building can be secured. RameCards will not allow access to your residence hall from 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday through 2:00 p.m. on Sunday.
9. The Sykes Student Union will close at 6:00 p.m. on Wednesday, November 25th and will reopen on Sunday, November 29th at 2:00 p.m.
10. Food Service areas will operate as per the following schedule:
Tuesday, November 24th
The Diner 12:00pm – 9:00pm
Starbucks 7:30am – 5:00pm
P.O.D. Market 8:00am – 11:00pm
All Other Locations Normal Schedule
Wednesday, November 25th
Einstein’s Bagels 7:30am – 2:00pm
Java City 7:30am – 3:00pm
All Other Locations Closed
Thursday, November 26th – Saturday, November 28th
All Locations Closed
Sunday, November 29th
Lawrence Dining Hall 2:00pm – 7:00pm
Rams Head Food Court 2:00pm – 9:00pm
The Diner 4:00pm – 1:00am
Larry’s Market 2:00pm – 7:00pm
Starbucks 2:00pm – 10:00pm
P.O.D. Market 2:00pm – 10:00pm
All Other Locations Closed
All dining locations will resume normal hours of operation Monday, November 30th, 2014.
ON BEHALF OF OUR USH AND RESIDENCE LIFE STAFF,
BEST WISHES FOR A SAFE AND RELAXING THANKSGIVING HOLIDAY!