SPRING BREAK CLOSING INFORMATION 2016
The following information is provided to students concerning Spring Break Vacation. Any questions regarding this information should be directed to your Resident Assistant or Resident Director/Graduate Hall Director.
1. All residence halls will close on Friday, March 4, 2016 at 6:00pm for all students.
2. All residence halls reopen on Sunday, March 13, 2016 at 12:00pm (noon).
3. The Front Desk at Brandywine Hall will temporarily store the luggage of students who must remain on campus after 6:00pm on Friday, March 6, 2015 until transportation is available to take them home.
4. Students must officially “sign out” when leaving for vacation. Please contact your RA (Resident Assistant) for further details. Student must sign out prior to March 4, 2016 at 6:00pm.
RameCards will not allow access to your residence hall from 6:00pm on Friday, March 4, 2016 until 12:00pm (noon) on Sunday, March 13, 2016.
5. Prior to leaving for vacation, students must also:
A. Close suite windows.
B. Raise blinds. (Blinds/curtains on the first floor should be lowered and closed.)
C. Turn off all room lights.
D. Empty all trashcans.
E. Pull all plugs from outlets except your cable TV adapter and your refrigerator. Unplugging the adapter from its power source will cause it to lose signal.
F. Remove all food and perishable items from your refrigerator, though your refrigerator may remain plugged in. Please note that, for health and safety reasons, your RA has been instructed to discard any perishable food items found in your unit during final inspection.
G. Remove any unauthorized university/community property from your room. Possession of illegal property (i.e. highway signs/signals, dining hall equipment, drugs/alcohol, etc.) may result in administrative and/or civil judicial action.
H. Lock your room door.
6. Thermostats may be lowered during the vacation to conserve energy.
7. Please remember to take home your prescription medications and other critical items. You will not be able to access your residence hall after the stated closing time.
8. The Sykes Student Union is open during the break. It will close at 6:00pm on Friday, March 4, 2016 and be available daily Monday through Friday, March 7-11, 2016 from approximately 8:00am until 6:00pm. Please confirm by checking posted hours.
9. The last meal plan meal served before vacation for all students will be dinner on Friday, March 4, 2016 in the Lawrence Center. Please look for flyers with locations and hours.
The first meal served after vacation will be dinner on Sunday, March 13, 2016.
10. NO MAIL WILL BE FORWARDED DURING THE SPRING VACATION. Please have your family and friends, even companies and other merchants, send any items to your permanent home address after March 2, 2016 to ensure you receive any parcels in a timely manner.
ON BEHALF OF OUR USH AND RESIDENCE LIFE STAFF,
BEST WISHES FOR A SAFE AND RELAXING SPRING BREAK!