The following information is provided to students concerning Semester Break Vacation. Any questions regarding this information should be directed to your Resident Assistant or Resident Director/Graduate Hall Director.
1. All residence halls will close on Saturday, December 17, 2016 at 12:00pm for undergraduates and Sunday, December 18, 2016 at 5:00pm for graduating seniors.
2. All residence halls reopen on Saturday, January 21, 2017 at 9:00am.
3. The Schmidt Hall and Brandywine Hall lobbies and lounge areas will be open for students who need to remain on campus after 12:00pm on Saturday.
4. Students must officially “sign out” when leaving for vacation. Please contact your RA (Resident Assistant) for further details. Students must sign out within twenty-four (24) hours of their last examination or on December 17, 2016 at 12:00pm, whichever may occur first.
Any student not approved for Commencement housing, athletic commitments, or winter term housing who remains in the building after 12:00pm on Saturday, December 17, 2016 will be escorted from the premises to secure the building. RameCards will not allow access to your residence hall from 12:00pm on Saturday, December 17, 2016 until 9:00am on Sunday, January 21, 2017.
5. Prior to leaving for vacation, students must also:
A. Close suite windows.
B. Raise blinds. (Blinds/curtains on the first floor should be lowered and closed.)
C. Turn off all room lights.
D. Empty all trashcans.
E. Pull all plugs from outlets except your cable TV adapter. Unplugging the adapter from its power source will cause it to lose signal.
F. Remove all food and perishable items from your refrigerator, then defrost it. Please leave the refrigerator door open for ventilation. Please note that, for health and safety reasons, your RA has been instructed to discard any perishable food items found in your unit during final inspection.
G. Remove any unauthorized university/community property from your room. Possession of illegal property (i.e. highway signs/signals, dining hall equipment, drugs/alcohol, etc.) may result in administrative and/or civil judicial action.
H. Lock your room door.
6. Thermostats may be lowered during the vacation to conserve energy.
7. Biannual canine bed bug inspections will occur over Winter Break and USH will enter all suites during this time.
8. Please remember to take home your prescription medications and other critical items. You will not be able to access your residence hall after the stated closing time.
9. Any student still remaining in the building after 12:00pm (noon) on Saturday must relocate to the Brandywine or Schmidt Hall lobby so that the building can be secured. RameCards will not allow access to your residence hall from 12:00pm on Saturday through 9:00am on January 21, 2017.
10. For university closings and food service availability during break, please check www.wcupa.edu for more information.
11. NO MAIL WILL BE FORWARDED DURING THE HOLIDAY VACATION. Please have your family and friends, even companies and other merchants, send any items to your permanent home address after December 15, 2016 to ensure your receive any parcels in a timely manner.
ON BEHALF OF OUR USH AND RESIDENCE LIFE STAFF,
BEST WISHES FOR A SAFE AND RELAXING HOLIDAY!