The following information is provided to students concerning Semester Break Vacation. Any questions regarding this information should be directed to your Resident Assistant or Resident Director/Graduate Hall Director.
1. All residence halls will close on Saturday, December 12, 2015 at 12:00pm for undergraduates and Sunday, December 13, 2015 at 5:00pm for graduating seniors.
2. All residence halls reopen on Sunday, January 17, 2016 at 9:00am.
3. Students must officially “sign out” when leaving for vacation. Please contact your RA (Resident Assistant) for further details. Student must sign out within twenty-four (24) hours of their last examination or on December 12, 2015 at 12:00pm, whichever may occur first.
Any student not approved for Commencement housing, athletic commitments, or winter term housing who remains in the building after 5:00pm on Saturday, December 12, 2015 will be escorted from the premises to secure the building. RameCards will not allow access to your residence hall from 12:00pm on Saturday, December 12, 2015 until 9:00am on Sunday, January 17, 2016.
4. Prior to leaving for vacation, students must also:
A. Close suite windows.
B. Raise blinds. (Blinds/curtains on the first floor should be lowered and closed.)
C. Turn off all room lights.
D. Empty all trashcans.
E. Pull all plugs from outlets except your cable TV adapter. Unplugging the adapter from its power source will cause it to lose signal.
F. Remove all food and perishable items from your refrigerator, then defrost it. Please leave the refrigerator door open for ventilation. Please note that, for health and safety reasons, your RA has been instructed to discard any perishable food items found in your unit during final inspection.
G. Remove any unauthorized university/community property from your room. Possession of illegal property (i.e. highway signs/signals, dining hall equipment, drugs/alcohol, etc.) may result in administrative and/or civil judicial action.
H. Lock your room door.
5. Thermostats may be lowered during the vacation to conserve energy.
6. Please remember to take home your prescription medications and other critical items. You will not be able to access your residence hall after the stated closing time.
7. The Sykes Student Union is open during the break approximately from 8:30am until 6:30pm. Please check posted hours for specific availability.
8. The last meal plan meal served before vacation for all students will be dinner on Friday, December 11, 2015 in the Lawrence Center. There will be dining facilities open and accepting Flex, RAMBucks, and cash on Saturday, December 12, 2015. Please look for flyers with locations and hours.
The first meal served after vacation will be brunch on Sunday, January 17, 2016.
9. NO MAIL WILL BE FORWARDED DURING THE HOLIDAY VACATION. Please have your family and friends, even companies and other merchants, send any items to your permanent home address after December 10, 2015 to ensure your receive any parcels in a timely manner.
ON BEHALF OF OUR USH AND RESIDENCE LIFE STAFF, BEST WISHES FOR A SAFE AND RELAXING HOLIDAY!