NORTH CAMPUS YEAR-END PROCEDURES – 2017
All residents must attend the mandatory floor meeting scheduled by their Resident Assistant (RA) for information and instructions regarding check-out procedures. Residents are responsible for following the instructions correctly even if they do not attend the meeting. Failure to follow check-out procedures may result in charges.
SOUTH CAMPUS YEAR-END PROCEDURES – 2016
All residents who will check-out must attend the mandatory building meeting scheduled by their Resident Assistant (RA) for information and instructions regarding the check-out procedures. Residents are responsible for following the instructions correctly even if they do not attend the meeting. Failure to follow check-out procedures may result in charges.
1. SCHEDULE There will be no late check-outs. All residents must check-out by 12:00 Noon on Monday, July 25, 2016.
2. CHECK-OUT Residents may choose a Standard Check-Out with an RA present or an Express Check-Out.
a) STANDARD CHECK-OUT Checking-out with an RA is recommended, especially if there are questions or concerns about possible damages. The resident must remove all belongings before their inspection, and will not have access to the room afterwards.
b) EXPRESS CHECK-OUT Residents who do not sign up for a Standard Check-Out inspection, or miss their assigned time, must complete an Express Check-Out. An RA will inspect for damages and missing items compared to the Room Condition Card from check-in at a later time. Residents will be held responsible for any damages, missing items including cable equipment and furniture, or necessary cleaning. Choosing the Express Check-Out option does not relieve the resident of these responsibilities. A list of billable charges is available on the USH website, www.wcuhousing.com.
3. CLEANING Common areas, bathrooms and bedrooms must be thoroughly cleaned. All decorative items and adhesive materials must be carefully removed. Trash and unwanted personal property should be taken to the dumpster. Trash left in the unit will result in removal fees.
4. RECYCLING/REUSABLE MATERIALS Recyclable materials should be placed in the appropriate containers. Donation bins will be located in The Clubhouse for clothing, nonperishable foods, and other items.
5. PERSONAL REFRIGERATORS Unwanted personal refrigerators should be placed next to the move-out dumpster, for environmental reasons.
6. CABLE BOXES AND RELATED EQUIPMENT Residents must leave the remote, power cable, coaxial cable, and infrared sensor, with the USH-provided digital cable box plugged into wall.
7. KEYS and RAMeCARDS All USH keys must be returned in the resident’s check-out envelope. Metal (turn) key replacements are $25 each. Do not turn in RameCards.
8. MAIL Do not have mail sent after July 18, 2016. Residents must notify the U.S. Postal Service of the address to use to forward mail. Be sure to empty resident mailboxes and pick-up packages prior to check-out.
HAVE A SAFE AND ENJOYABLE SUMMER! WE HOPE TO SEE YOU IN THE FALL!