NORTH CAMPUS YEAR-END PROCEDURES – 2019
We hope you had a wonderful fall and spring semester and thank you for choosing to stay with us during the past academic year. In order to make your move-out process as seamless as possible, please review the move-out procedures below.
Residents are responsible for completing the following move-out instructions. Failure to follow check-out procedures may result in charges. All residents must attend the mandatory floor meeting scheduled by their Resident Assistant (RA) for information and instructions regarding check-out procedures. Residents are responsible for following the instructions correctly even if they do not attend the meeting.
- SCHEDULE There will be no late check-outs. All residents must check-out 24 hours after their last examination. Residents with Friday exams must check-out by 12:00PM (noon) on Saturday, May 11, 2019. Exceptions will only be made for pre-approved residents participating in commencement ceremonies.
- CHECK-OUT Residents must complete a check-out envelope. Rooms will be inspected after move-out, unless a walkthrough with your Community Manager is requested. Contact your Community Manager to schedule a walkthrough. After the first resident of a room has checked-out, the second resident of the room will be solely responsible for any changes in the condition of the room when he/she checks-out. Residents will be held responsible for any damages, missing items, or necessary cleaning. A list of billable charges is available at the bottom of the page. The last person to check-out should ensure that the blinds are open, windows are closed, and the lights are turned off.
- CLEANING Common areas, bathrooms and bedrooms must be thoroughly cleaned. All decorative items and adhesive materials must be carefully removed. You will be billed for excessive wall/paint damage. Trash and unwanted personal property must be taken to the dumpster located outside your building. Trash left in the unit will result in trash removal fees based on the amount of debris accumulated.
- RECYCLING/REUSABLE MATERIALS Recyclable materials should be placed in the appropriate containers. Donation bins will be located in lobby for clothing, nonperishable foods, and other items.
- REFRIGERATORS Rented mini-refrigerators will be picked-up from the resident’s rooms by Campus Specialties after closing. Unplug these refrigerators and move them to the shower to defrost. Unwanted personal refrigerators should be placed next to the move-out dumpster, for environmental reasons. USH will arrange safe disposal of these items.
- KEYS and RAMeCARDS All USH keys must be returned in the resident’s check-out envelope. Metal (turn) key (bedroom key and mailbox key) replacements are $25 each. Do not turn in RAMeCARDS.
- MAIL Do not have mail sent after April 30, 2019. Residents must notify the U.S. Postal Service of the address to use to forward mail. All mail or packages received after move-out will be returned to the original sender. Be sure to empty your mailboxes and pick-up packages prior to check-out.
HAVE A SAFE AND ENJOYABLE SUMMER. WE HOPE TO SEE YOU IN THE FALL!