University Student Housing, LLC (USH), a division of the WCU Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, manages six high-end communities located on the West Chester University (WCU) campus. USH operates four residence halls: Allegheny Hall, Brandywine Hall, Commonwealth, and University Hall. We also have two garden-style apartment communities, The Village and the East Village. Together, our six communities house almost 3,000 students.
USH seeks to hire professionals with high energy and a passion for excellence. USH provides a challenging work environment that is uniquely suited to those who thrive on change. Our success depends on individuals who continually work to provide “best in class” housing to our residents. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits and ample growth opportunities. We are dedicated to creating rewarding careers for our team members.
University Student Housing is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer committed to extending equality to all individuals regardless of age, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, ancestry, veteran status and other protected class status. University Student Housing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. USH is a Pennsylvania non-profit corporation.
Full Time Openings
University Student Housing, LLC
University Student Housing, LLC, a non-profit organization that manages on-campus housing for West Chester University, is currently searching for an experienced Administrative Assistant. The successful candidate will have excellent customer service skills and must be outcome-oriented. The ability to work in a fast paced environment with a strong attention to detail is essential. This exciting position will serve as the first point of contact for many of our residents and guests and must project a fun, engaging and professional attitude at all times. This position will support both managers and employees through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication. The Administrative Assistant is often responsible for confidential and time sensitive material and must be able to effectively communicate via phone and email ensuring that all Administrative Assistant duties are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner.
Essential Job Functions:
• Ability to handle multiple projects with superb accuracy.
• Create and maintain a welcoming office environment for potential students/residents and their parents by providing refreshments, maintaining work areas and office in a clean and orderly manner, and providing excellent customer service.
• Provide professional administrative support including managing and responding to incoming phone calls, voicemails, emails and foot traffic in a timely manner.
• Data entry and file maintenance.
• High school diploma.
• Must have 1+ year of office experience preferably in a related field.
• Must have valid driver’s license, automobile insurance, and daily use of vehicle.
• Must have a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and information.
• Ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as students, parents and campus partners.
• Professional experience demonstrating critical thinking ability.
• Must have the ability to communicate in a clear, effective and professional manner with poise, tact and diplomacy.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft office Suite, including Excel.
• Have strong written and verbal communication skills.
• High level of attention to detail.
We are proud to offer a competitive salary of $37,000-$40,000/year and a full benefit package such as paid time off, medical, dental and life insurance, and employer contribution to retirement plan. For details on available benefits, please refer to the Benefits Summary on our website www.wcufoundation.org/employment.
Please complete an application and submit a resume, letter of interest, salary requirements, and at least 3 references (including name, title, working relationship, phone number and email address) to our website at https://ush.wufoo.com/forms/university-student-housing-employment-application/. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Local applicants are strongly recommended.
University Student Housing, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants for positions are considered without regard to race, creed, color, country of origin, sex, age, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected characteristics established by law.
Part Time Openings
University Student Housing (USH) is looking for energetic, motivated, and enthusiastic individuals to become a part of our CONFERENCE ASSISTANT team!
Being a Conference Assistant (CA) offers:
USH hosts thousands of guests, from youth to adults, through the Summer Conference program. CA staff provide exceptional housing to camp and conference attendees, while also creating a positive and comfortable living experience for our WCU Summer Session attendees and visiting internship students.
If you are interested in applying to join our team, please complete the Student Staff Pre-screen and upload your resume to http://www.wcuhousing.com/contact-us/employment-2/.
Apply now and join in the fun of being on the USH Summer Staff team!
Looking for a short commute to work? Walk outside your room and arrive at your job!
University Student Housing, LLC is now hiring part-time DESK ASSISTANTS for the fall semester on both North and South Campus!
We offer flexible hours to work around your class schedule.
Being a Desk Assistant offers:
• Benefits of being in a leadership role
• Opportunities to showcase your dependability
• Flexible work hours to accommodate your course schedule
• Learning outstanding customer service skills
If you are interested in applying to join our team, please complete the Student Staff Pre-screen and upload your resume at http://www.wcuhousing.com.
Application materials must be received by March 1, 2019.